Holy Spirit Province Saint-Esprit
Franciscans of CanadaFranciscains du Canada

Ordo Fratrum Minorum

June archives snapshot

June archives snapshot

Construction began on Holy Rosary Cathedral in Regina in June 1912. Below are two photographs from the Archives depicting the construction process.

The first mass in the cathedral was celebrated on 8 Dec 1912 for the Feast of the Immaculate Conception and was held in the basement as the cathedral was not yet completed. Less than a year later, 23 Nov 1913, Bishop Mathieu blessed the new cathedral and celebrated the first mass in the church proper.